CA Practice Sales homepage

Wills and Trusts
Living Trusts
Estate Planning
Insurance Trusts
Powers of Attorney
Health Care Directives




Dental Practice Sale & Dental Practice Sales Logo Robert Olson Jr.

Estate Planning Flat Rates

Top Ten Estate Planning Mistakes

Attorney Robert W. Olson, Jr., is a 4th generation Santa Barbara resident and the son of a retired radiologist. After graduating from San Marcos High School (1977), he received his AB in Religion (Ethics) from Dartmouth College (1981) and a JD from the University of Southern California Law School (1984). He is married and has two children. For his complete resume, click here.

Mr. Olson began doing estate planning work in 1986. He has done estate planning work for a "Forbes 400" member, the estate of a three-time Oscar® winner, and numerous other individuals with net worths of over $20 million. After a hiatus, Mr. Olson returned to estate planning in 2009, focusing on estates of under $10 million. While a significant number of his clients are professionals (such as doctors and dentists) he provides quality full service estate planning services for all types of clients and situations. Prompt and personalized service is guaranteed.

Initial Consultation Living Trust
Will with Trust Will without Trust
Life Insurance Trust Other Services

Estate Planning Worksheet

Initial Consultation - Free

We will discuss living trusts, wills and lifetime gifts in the contexts of probate, legal costs and paperwork; and general estate, gift and income tax ramifications of these estate planning techniques.

return to top

'Living Trust' Plan - $1,995 to $2,895

$1,995 for singles, $2,495 for couples with a marital deduction, and $2,895 for couples without a marital deduction. Includes all Attorney Consultations, Living Trust with Bypass Trust, Pourover Will(s), Health Care Directive(s), Change of Ownership/ Beneficiary Forms for all Life Insurance and Retirement Plan(s), Deed of California Residence to Trust (with notary and recording fee), Assignment of Assets, Certification(s) of Trust, and Power(s) of Attorney, all as applicable. Please have your completed Estate Planning Worksheet with you at our first meeting.

return to top

'Will with Trust' Plan - $1,295 to $2,095

$1,295 for singles, $1,695 for couples with a marital deduction, and $2,095 for couples without a marital deduction. Creates trust(s) for spouse and/or children upon first death (does not avoid probate). Includes all Attorney Consultations, Will(s) with Bypass Trust(s), Health Care Directive(s), Change of Beneficiary Forms for Life Insurance and Retirement Plan(s), and Power(s) of Attorney, all as applicable. Please have your completed Estate Planning Worksheet with you at our first meeting.

return to top

'Will without Trust' Plan - $795 to $1,395

$795 for singles, $995 for couples with a marital deduction, $1,395 for couples without a marital deduction. Includes all Attorney Consultations, Will(s), Health Care Directive(s), Change of Beneficiary Forms for Life Insurance and Retirement Plans, and Power(s) of Attorney, all as applicable. Please have your completed Estate Planning Worksheet with you at our first meeting.

return to top

Life Insurance Trust - $1,995

Includes all Attorney Consultations, Life Insurance Trust, and Change of Ownership and Beneficiary Forms for Life Insurance Plans. Please have your completed Estate Planning Worksheet with you at our first meeting.

return to top

Codicils & Amendments - $395/hr

Powers of Attorney or Health Care Directives - $200 each.

FLiPs, APTs, GRITs, GRATs, GRUTs - not available.

There are a number of estate planning techniques that are targeted at clients with substantial wealth ($10 million or more) who want to accelerate gifts during their lifetimes to their children and/ or charities, so to aggressively reduce the size of their estates. These techniques include Family Limited Partnerships, Asset Protection Trusts, Gift Retained Income Trusts, Gift Retained Annuity Trusts, and Gift Retained Unitrusts. While I have used these documents at times in the past, I believe I serve my clients better by referring out this rarified 1% of potential clients, and focusing my talents on the situations that affect the remaining 99% of the population.

return to top

home | resume | my credentials